Should we settle on one SSL implementation?

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 15:11:19 UTC 2007

Tomas Mraz wrote:
> Not only crypto libraries but built-in code as well. I have checked that
> the packages actually contain the code.

I'm not sure how you checked, but it picked up false positives,
setroubleshoot was flagged but it has no references to ssl, tls, or
crypto in its sources.

But this still begs the question, was a consensus reached this activity
represents a good use of maintainers time before a mass filing of bug
reports?

Note, that question is far different than "We recommend NSS for new
development", which I do think there is justifiable consensus on.
--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>