F8+KDE+PulseAudio

Rex Dieter rdieter at math.unl.edu
Tue Oct 23 23:41:09 UTC 2007

Neal Becker wrote:

> Rex Dieter wrote:
>
>> Neal Becker wrote:

>>> Did you mean /etc/X11/xinitrc.d ?
>>
>> Yes.
>>
>> -- Rex
>>

> I tried this with amarok.  I see that after starting pulseaudio, and
> selecting pulseaudio as output in amarok, seems to work.  But, now I have
> instead of 2 volume controls to play with, 3 of them.  One in amarok, one
> in kmix, and 1 in  'pulse audio volume control'.  Not really user
> friendly.

Well, take either kmix(arts) or pa volume out, and you're back to 2.

fyi, just comitted a kde-settings-pulseaudio subpkg implementing the ideas
from the aforementioned PulseAudioKDE page, so now you're just a
yum install kde-settings-pulseaudio
away from trying it out.  This is/will-be part of the default kde-desktop
install for f8.

Thanks all for the feedback.

-- Rex