Current problems with Rawhide

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Wed Oct 24 15:09:14 UTC 2007

Um, I meant to report these yesterday, but I was tired and decided to wait
until now.  I noticed some problems with the packages currently in Rawhide.
I know Rawhide is supposed to be unstable (it's the development branch,
after all), but I figured I'd better report these, since the new version of
Fedora is only a few days away.

1)  PulseAudio is horribly, horribly flaky.  I dunno if it's because it's
the SVN version or what, but it crashed more times last night than it has in
the 5 months I used it before that.  Is it normal for PulseAudio to consume
50%+ of the system memory?

2)  knetworkmanager isn't working at all.  NetworkManager works, but it
refuses to use the static IP address I told it to, instead choosing one one
point higher.  Since my system requires a static IP to function, this is not
good.