Should we settle on one SSL implementation?

Simo Sorce ssorce at redhat.com
Wed Oct 24 16:23:53 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 12:14 -0400, Bernardo Innocenti wrote:
> On 10/23/07 10:34, Jesse Keating wrote:
> > On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 16:23:24 +0200
> > Tomas Mraz <tmraz at redhat.com> wrote:
> >
> >> Why remove? Just not use a built-in code but call NSS instead.
> >
> > Call NSS, to make a sha1sum?
>
> Please, let's not add an external dependency for something
> as trivial as a SHA1.

Just make it easy to compile with NSS or use your own if NSS is not
available.
I don't like the work I need to do to make this happen in my packages
either, but if you use a generic crypto lib it will make your life
easier in the long run (esp. if you make it possible to change algos
easily maybe even with just a configuration option)

> See this thread on xorg-devel@ .

The world is full of people reinventing the wheel :) why is that thread
relevant ?

Simo.