BIG FAT WARNING: Breaking X in rawhide

darrell pfeifer darrellpf at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 21:22:27 UTC 2007

On 10/25/07, Adam Jackson <ajackson at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hopefully I have your attention.
>
> We're working on a lot of stuff that's going into upstream X really
> soon.  It's going to be quite disruptive, many drivers will fail to
> launch, etc.  Good stuff, but disruptive.

As a daily rawhide update addict I really appreciate the warning.

Over the last few years I've developed a few skills to mitigate and
undo the breakage.

My usual reaction is just to back out the changes, particularly with
obviously new stuff. During the breakage, if you can provide hints or
workarounds, or indications of any specifics you'd like to see in bug
reports, I'm happy to help do a bit of debugging.

darrell