Feedback from PulseAudio 0.9.7 SVN (Was: Current problems with Rawhide)

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Thu Oct 25 22:57:09 UTC 2007

I managed to figure out the problem with PulseAudio giving me errors
related to the ALSA devices; however, it still doesn't seem to be
working correctly.  I've noticed it's mostly fine if I send sound
through ALSA to PulseAudio, but if I use something that uses either
PulseAudio or ESound plugins, things quickly go south.  In fact, it
looks to me from the play record that PulseAudio is forgetting to shut
down ESound streams after it is done with them (if I play audio through
xine's esd plugin, I can get as many separate dead threads as I feel
like appearing in paman, none of which are actually doing anything,
which is when PulseAudio's use jumps to 70% and it kills itself).