Feedback from PulseAudio 0.9.7 SVN (Was: Current problems with Rawhide)

Kelly Miller lightsolphoenix at gmail.com
Fri Oct 26 13:29:39 UTC 2007

Lennart Poettering wrote:
> Those logs don't tell much. Except that PA cannot get hold of the
> audio device because some other process is using it.
>
> It will tell you which processes have opened your audio devices
Yeah, I managed to find the cause; PulseAudio was trying to grab the
audio device twice, and the error came from the second attempt.  When I
corrected the error in the configuration file, those errors went away.

However, I can confirm that there's some kind of memory leak problem in
the ESound protocol handling, which I narrowed down to the do_read
method via tracking the error message I got in the source.  As I
mentioned before, sometimes PulseAudio will jump to 50%+ memory used and
then shut itself off; when I ran it using pulseaudio -vv, the error I
got lines up with the do_read function's general error messages.  I can
get a log of that if necessary as well.