something not right with sound

Lennart Poettering mzerqung at 0pointer.de
Sun Oct 28 21:58:54 UTC 2007

On Sun, 28.10.07 17:41, Louis E Garcia II (louisg00 at bellsouth.net) wrote:

> This is rawhide as of 10/28
>
> $ alsamixer
> *** PULSEAUDIO: Unable to connect: Connection refused
>
> alsamixer: function snd_ctl_open failed for default: Connection refused

Due to some reason PulseAudio seems not to be running. Please make
sure that the "Enable ESD sound daemon" check box in
gnome-sound-properties is enabled. If PA fails to start or crashes,
please provide me with an output of "pulseaudio -vv".

Also, please file reports like this on bz instead of the ML.

Thanks,

Lennart