Problem with the live ISOs and creating bootable USB installation media?

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Mon Oct 29 00:16:17 UTC 2007

Jonathan Underwood wrote:
> On 28/10/2007, Jonathan Underwood <jonathan.underwood at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> So that works. It looks like  something changed with how the ISOs are
>>> structured such that the livecd-tools under F-7 are broken with the
>>> F-8 isos. This isn't good, as I think I'm describing what will be
>>> quite a common use case when F-8 is released (i.e. people wishing to
>>> create bootable F-8 sticks under F-7 in order to upgrade).
>> To answer my own question, the reason is that in the ISO as composed
>> from current Rawhide squashfs.img is now located in the LiveOS
>> subdirectory rather than in the root directory. I'll have a look at
>> pathing the livecd-tools script.
>>

> Sorry to continue the monologue, but just to say I've added a patch to
> Bug #355541 to fix this.

Looking at f8t3, it doesn't appear that livecd-iso-to-disk is on the
desktop livecd.  Perhaps an alternate solution would be to split
livecd-iso-to-disk away from livecd-tools, and have it in the desktop
livecd.  While also putting it in the F7 updates repo.  I think the
f8/git version of l-i-t-d already works without your patch, for both f7
and f8 LiveISOs.

-dmc