On Board video vs AGP/PCI

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Mon Oct 29 04:24:43 UTC 2007

On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 22:32 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Sun, 2007-10-28 at 19:33 +0100, Ralf Ertzinger wrote:
> > Hi.
> >
> > On Sun, 28 Oct 2007 08:55:13 -0500, Mike Chambers wrote
> > > I have an ATI 1300 card via agp, and am thinking of using my on board
> > > video.
> >
> > Usually the on-board video chip is attached to the AGP bus, also,
> > and thus gets disabled as soon as you put in a "real" AGP card.
>
> I'll maybe try removing the card tomorrow, and will report back with
> what happens.  Thanks for the tip.

Welp, it worked fine, so all is well in that regards.  Although, even
did this some with my ATI card, it seems around the middle of my monitor
it gets a little blurry and I can't get rid of it.  I think my monitor
is going bad, as unless I use like 800x600 or something big like that,
it does it on most resolutions.  Did it on Windows to if I remember, so
guess might mean new monitor.

Heh, hope widescreen LCD monitors, or whatever are cheap at Walmart.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"