RadeonHD driver status

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Tue Oct 30 19:00:38 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 16:55 +0100, Hans Ulrich Niedermann wrote:
> IMHO, current xorg-x11-drv-radeonhd could be made available via the F8
> updates repos. Yes, it has a few issues, but then it does work for
> many
> people, no software is without bugs, and no one is forced to install
> it.

I did d/l it and give it a shot.  It gave me a screen at least, more
than avivo ever did.  But the rhgb and the gdm login screen were both
HUGE and had to move the mouse to get them to come back to center, like
it was a 600x400 or bigger resolution.  Anyway, after getting to my
desktop, it was better, with my normal resolution.  But still didn't
look right, so went back to vesa for now.

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY

"Best lil town on Earth!"