RadeonHD driver status

Trever L. Adams trever.adams at gmail.com
Tue Oct 30 23:31:10 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 17:27 -0600, Trever L. Adams wrote:
> 01:00.1 Display controller: ATI Technologies Inc Radeon X1950 Pro
> (Secondary) (PCIE)
>
> Are the two machines I can talk about. One works better than the other
> with Avivo, neither works well with it.
>
> Both use AL2002W monitors from Acer. Both work very well at 1680x150
> w/
> this monitor. I may have one more machine I can comment on, but it
> will
> be a few days.
>
> I hope a great solution is found.
>
> Trever

Sorry, I left out a few details. Avivo won't autodetect my monitor. I
believe, but am not sure that RadeonHD does. My monitor gives a
"frequency out of range" error w/ Avivo at 1680x1050. At 1440x1050 (I
believe it was) it looks almost like 1680x1050 and may actually be.
RadeonHD doesn't show the option 1440x1050 at all. However, it works
beautifully at 1680x1050.

When switching VTs (console to X and back) Avivo would frequently give
monitor problems that would require reboots. I have had only a few
problems with RadeonHD, and it is solved by turning the monitor off and
back on.

I think that is all the testing details I can give.

Trever
--
"Blessed is the man, who having nothing to say, abstains from giving
wordy evidence of the fact." -- George Eliot