OOo .odt files - open with Java by default

Rodd Clarkson rodd at clarkson.id.au
Wed Oct 31 00:44:00 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-30 at 18:47 -0500, King InuYasha wrote:
> I have had this problem since Fedora Core 4. Ever since GCJ and OOo
> 2.0 were included in Fedora, this specific issue has cropped on my
> computers all the time. The strange thing is that only OpenDocument
> files are considered Java Archives. None of the other archive-based
> formats supported by OOo have this issue as far as I can tell.

Try this.

Right click a .odt file on the desktop (or in nautilus) and select
properties.

Select the Open With tab and see what's in there.

I have:

[ ] Archive Manager
[*] Word Processor

The Word Processor option is marked as the default.

I suspect you might have a third option and that this is marked as the
default.  You should be able to remove this third option (since it's
pointless)

R.

 It's much better on my side"