KDE logout options with F8

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 31 01:41:13 UTC 2007

Matthias Clasen wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-31 at 06:59 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
>
>> I only mentioned that KDM should be selected by default if users choose
>> to select KDE. This really has nothing specific to do with KDE either.
>> It is just logical that a display manager associated with any desktop
>> environment should  be installed by default along with the desktop
>> environment. I haven't described anything about GDM or how exactly that
>> should be done. I don't see why GDM is in the x-group instead of the
>> GNOME group either.
>
> It is not very logical to associate a display manager with a desktop
> environment in the first place.

GNOME display manager is not logically associated with GNOME Desktop
Environment? If that's the case, it makes it even more illogical that
GNOME display manager is default for KDE Desktop Environment. Either we
have a neutral display manager that works well for them both (it doesn't
in this case since there is a regression in functionality inflicted by
our defaults) or we install whatever display manager goes well with the
desktop environment.

Rahul