KDE logout options with F8

Rahul Sundaram sundaram at fedoraproject.org
Wed Oct 31 02:34:41 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Rahul Sundaram (sundaram at fedoraproject.org) said:
>> If you read why this thread started, it is because there is a regression in
>> functionality if GDM is the default in KDE (ie) users lose the shutdown,
>> hibernation buttons etc. Dismissing that regression by saying that it
>> merely because of a letter is ignoring a actual problem.
>
> Then perhaps instead of suggesting we change many years of established
> behavior ON THE NIGHT OF THE FINAL FREEZE (in ways that don't work, even)
> you may want to work on investigating the actual bug?

I already discussed in a bug report in Red Hat bugzilla many months back
IIRC that was ignored and I never suggested that we change this
immediately for Fedora 8. Since KDE spin already has KDM as the default,
  there isn't much of a chance for a regression but we can do this in
the Fedora 9 branch just to be safe if that is a problem.

Rahul