IcedTea Plugin not working on F8 x86_64

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Wed Oct 31 18:05:54 UTC 2007

On 10/31/07, Mark Bidewell <mark.bidewell at alumni.clemson.edu> wrote:
> I think the issue is that the link is in the wrong location or the firefox
> search path is incorrect.  the link was created in
> /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins
yeah that sounds like a firefox issue.

looking at /usr/bin/firefox script on my F7 install.
sorry for the line breakage on the script logic.
the relevant script logic seems to be,

if [ "$MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH" ]
then
  MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=$MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH:
      $MOZ_LIB_DIR/mozilla/plugins:$MOZ_DIST_BIN/plugins
else
  MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH=$MOZ_LIB_DIR/mozilla/plugins:$MOZ_DIST_BIN/plugins
fi
export MOZ_PLUGIN_PATH

where MOZ_LIB_DIR is ealier defined as:

MOZ_ARCH=$(uname -m)
case $MOZ_ARCH in
        x86_64 | ia64 | s390 )
                MOZ_LIB_DIR="/usr/lib64"
                SECONDARY_LIB_DIR="/usr/lib"
                ;;
        * )
                MOZ_LIB_DIR="/usr/lib"
                SECONDARY_LIB_DIR="/usr/lib64"
                ;;
esac

Is this directory calculation logic screwing up?

-jef