pungi, python and the question: where are the python gurus?

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Oct 2 15:02:23 UTC 2007

On Tue, 02 Oct 2007 14:47:06 +0200
Oliver Falk <oliver at linux-kernel.at> wrote:

> OK, that might be the better fix. But doesn't it make sense
> ConfigParser also allows int as values? I mean any kind of number
> (int, float, complex) could be handled as string...

I know not the history of ConfigParser and why it's only strings.  I
suspect it's because ConfigParser's primary usage is to parse config
files, and in a file it may be non-obvious how to mark something as an
int/float rather than a string.  The reason pungi uses ConfigParser is
that prior to using kickstart files we had our own config files.  I'm
not entirely happy with ConfigParser, but it'd be something of an
overhaul to switch to some other config system, and not one I was
willing to make at this point.  Maybe during F9...

> > I've made that change and done some local testing and this appears
> > to solve the problem.  I'll commit to tip and get a new build out
> > today.
>
> Thx Jesse, it's great you're there; We can always count on you, your
> quick responses and lighting-speed fast actions! :-)

Hah, thanks.  If only all my bugs were this easy.

--
Jesse Keating