Building Livna RPMs (slightly OT)

Stewart Adam s.adam at diffingo.com
Tue Oct 2 21:08:07 UTC 2007

On Tue, 2007-10-02 at 12:55 -0400, Matthew Saltzman wrote:
> I'm trying to build the NVidia proprietary driver for the latest F8T2
> kernels, but the Livna RPM requires RPMs from the kmod-helpers-livna
> SRPM.  These have buit-in lists of kernels that don't reflect the latest
> ones.
>
> Any place where using those tools is documented?  Or is it possible at
> all to build Livna kmods independently?
>
> Also, how does the new "no kmods" policy affect how Livna will provide
> these modules?
>
> TIA.
Thorsten Leemhuis (knurd in #livna) is the one working on the this
package. I'm not 100% sure how it works but I know it will help make the
building of Livna kmods much easier. I looked at it brieflya few weeks
back, I think you just need to edit the "newest-kernels" and
"latest-kernels" files in /usr/share/kmod-helpers-livna and it will
rebuild properly.

Stewart