Notes for Fedora 8 Test 3

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 13:59:57 UTC 2007

> Hi
>
> Fedora 8 Test 3 has been pushed to mirrors and will be available as per
> the release schedule. In the official announcement, we intend to list
> any import changes as well as bugs and since I haven't been paying close
> attention as before in between the last test release and this one, I
> would love to get some help with that.
>
> If you are a rawhide user and noticed any major changes after test 3
> (new features, new packages, user visible things) and if there are major
> issues that we need to highlight, do let me know either here or offlist.
> Thanks.

NetworkManager has been bumped to a 0.7 SVN snapshot.

What's Awesome
----------------------------

* Faster connections
* Kill kill kill dhcdbdbddbbdbdbbdbd
* More reliable wireless connections
* Doesn't mash together wireless networks with the same SSID (but
different security, bands, or modes)
* Richer, saner D-Bus API (including introspection)

What Will Be Awesome in F8 (or soon thereafter)

* Static IPs (more than one if you like!)
* Custom DNS servers and search domains
* Better support for all the wireless security modes
* Multiple active device support (Internet connection sharing, woohoo!)
* A solid API and infrastructure to add stuff like Bluetooth DUN,
Bluetooth PAN, cellular broadband cards, etc
* Get connected when the system boots and don't have to wait for login

What's Busted Right Now (but will be fixed ASAP)

* Does not support WEP passphrases
* Does not support WPA[2] Enterprise, IEEE801.X (Dynamic WEP), or LEAP
* Does not support hidden networks
* Does not autoconnect to last wireless network
* OpenVPN VPN plugin busted
* SELinux Enforcing mode is rocky