Freeze over for Fedora 8 Test 3 - Still in continual development freeze

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 21:18:03 UTC 2007

We have lifted the Fedora 8 Test 3 freeze from rawhide.  Builds from
devel/ now continue to go into rawhide each night.  However we are
still under continual development freeze so we ask you to please keep
your changes to bugfix in nature.  This is somewhat self policing, as
an attempt to lower the bar for getting fixes into the release.

The other side of this is an attempt at freeing up developers to work
on F9 stuff.  To that end we are now processing F-8 branch requests.
If you request your package be branched for F-8, a branch will be made
based on content currently in devel/.  Builds from F-8/ will obviously
go to the dist-f8 collection and thus rawhide/release.  For packages
that are branched, builds from devel/ will go to dist-f9 and be held
there for the start of Fedora 9 development.  If a package isn't
branched yet, builds from devel/ continue to go to dist-f8.

Happy building!

--
Jesse Keating