orinoco_pci is all broken [was Re: NetworkManager-0.7 can't make new wireless connection]

Dan Williams dcbw at redhat.com
Wed Oct 3 21:47:55 UTC 2007

On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 17:09 -0400, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Tue, Oct 02, 2007 at 11:26:19AM -0400, Dan Williams wrote:
> > Does rmmoding orinoco_pci reset it sufficiently?
>
> So, having done this, it can scan again, but won't connect, and after that,
> I think get ""Faild to read scan data : No data available".

Same problem again.

> [...]
> > I think this requires a driver update; maybe wpa_supplicant needs to be
> > more lenient in its timeouts for getting scan data out of the card, but
> > I'm pretty sure it's waiting ~ 10s max before asking the card for
> > results explicitly.
>
> So, what should I do now? Would a bug in bugzilla be helpful? (For you, or
> for me?)

Hmm, not sure.  Basically need to patch the driver to be more
intelligent about scanning.  There's nothing rocket-science about this,
just would take a day or two to port over what's in the airo driver.
Not sure if a bug report would help, but feel free to file one anyway
and assign it to me (also cc linville at redhat dot com)

Dan