technical question

Casey Dahlin cjdahlin at ncsu.edu
Thu Oct 4 05:46:41 UTC 2007

Sam Gordon wrote:
> hi i got a question..my friend installed fedora on my pc and put in
> the username password and now he doesnt remember it lol..and i have no
> idea what it is because he installed it...is there a way to override
> the login or somehow bypass it and change the information? plz just
> tell me what my options r in the matter

This list is for development discussion. For help and support you should
try fedoraforum.org or #fedora on irc.freenode.net . That being said,
from the grub screen, edit your default boot settings and add the word
'single' (without quotes) to the end of the line mentioning 'vmlinuz' .
When you boot, you will get a text-only shell with root privileges.