Freeze over for Fedora 8 Test 3 - Still in continual development freeze

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Thu Oct 4 10:29:16 UTC 2007

On Thu, 4 Oct 2007 12:56:45 +0530
"Debarshi 'Rishi' Ray" <debarshi.ray at gmail.com> wrote:

> New upstream releases which fix known bugs (non-FEVer bugs) are
> allowed?

Yes.  There is no way to have a hard/fast rule that says no new
versions.  If the new version is fixing bugs and not introducing new
features, it's a pretty easy call to make to say that this is OK.
We're letting maintainers who are more familiar with the software make
the decision of what to bring in or not.

> > To that end we are now processing F-8 branch requests.
> > If you request your package be branched for F-8, a branch will be
> > made based on content currently in devel/.
>
> What is the procedure for requesting a F-8 branch?

The same way you request any other branch

http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/CVSAdminProcedure

--
Jesse Keating