short koji repo question

Oliver Falk oliver at linux-kernel.at
Thu Oct 4 16:22:49 UTC 2007

On 10/04/2007 05:27 PM, Mike Bonnet wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-03 at 22:36 +0200, Oliver Falk wrote:
>> Hi!
>>
>> Is there any good reason, why koji doesn't also create the sqlite
>> database with createrepo (passing -d option)?
>
> createrepo in koji also uses the --update flag if a previous repo
> exists.  This causes it to parse the existing repodata and reuse it for
> all packages that haven't changed.  This is a *huge* increase in speed,
> since only 1 or 2 packages have changed between repo regens in the
> normal case.
>
> I'm not sure if --update will work with sqlite database, but if not, I'd
> like to see that support added before changing the createrepo call.

I'm quite sure --update doesn't work with sqlite databases. They get
recreated each time AFAICS. In my case, it makes sense, as our Alpha
builders do need a lot of CPU (and time) to create the sqlite database
on their own. The kojihub is a dual cpu intel machine - and is the only
machine doing createrepo - and is very fast in doing so...

If I find some time I'll post the request to work-in sqlite-support into
--update on the correct m/l.

Best,
 Oliver