Proposal: Rename cvsextras to packager

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 4 21:50:14 UTC 2007

Warren has advanced a proposal to rename the "cvsextras" group in the
account system to "packager".  The change is to occur when we do the
mass CVS branching (final development freeze, scheduled for: 17 October
2007).  Proposal is here:

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-infrastructure-list/2007-October/msg00007.html

I've volunteered to make the required changes in the packagedb,
fedora-accounts, and scripts being used by admins and cron jobs on the
cvs server.

If you have another script that uses the cvsextras group, you should be
able to modify the code to fix things simply by changing "cvsextras" to
"packager" on or after October 17.  Feel free to contact me if you run
into something more difficult and need some help.

We have a ticket open in Fedora Infrastructure to track the changes that
we need to make.  Feel free to add to it if you know of any problems
that need to be addressed when this happens.

https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/177

-Toshio