gdm Create User

Richi Plana myfedora at richip.dhs.org
Sat Oct 6 18:42:21 UTC 2007

How about adding the functionality to create user accounts (local or
network) at the gdm login screen?

I recently installed F8T3 on one machine without reformatting the /home
partition so my user account's home directory keeps moving from one
iteration of Fedora to another, but I thought I wanted to see what a
default desktop setup looked like. So here I was at gdm and thinking
"Why do I have to log in to an account to create an account at the login
screen?" Seems pretty logical to add that functionality there. Seems
like it would satisfy a lot of home and enterprise use-cases, as well.

Thoughts?
--

Richi Plana