gdm Create User

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Sat Oct 6 18:58:05 UTC 2007

Richi Plana wrote:
> How about adding the functionality to create user accounts (local or
> network) at the gdm login screen?

I think a cool *optional* functionality would be-

Whenever gdm receives an unknown username, *automatically* create that
account as new, and log them in.

Perhaps the way to implement your functionality, would be to have the
above, but after login attempt, a 15 second timeout prompt pops up (with
cancel), notifying that it was an unrecognized login, and asking for the
  adminstrative password to confirm account creation.  And then perhaps
a checkbox to enable/disable continuation of login for that user.  Then
you get back to my functionality with an administrative setting that
just disables the popping up of the confirmation/authentication dialog.

-dmc