OpenSceneGraph-devel woes on F-7/FC-6 ExcludeArch change in stable release

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 00:11:03 UTC 2007

On Mon, 08 Oct 2007 12:21:11 -0700
Toshio Kuratomi <a.badger at gmail.com> wrote:

> If koji keeps track of dependencies it would be easier to implement
> this there than in the packagedb at the moment.  The packagedb
> doesn't currently track dependencies because the other tools do
> that.  We could change that, but we probably need to sit down and
> talk about what tools we want storing which information in the dbs.

Actually in the koji db there are listed rpm requirements.

http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/rpminfo?rpmID=228266 is an example of srpm Requires which are the same as BuildRequires in the spec.  The problem is that many times these requires are somewhat generic and can be serviced by multiple packages and/or rely on indirect BuildRequires that are pulled in from the direct BuildRequires or the minimal buildroot.

It is really quite difficult to get an accurate map of exactly which
packages will ultimately need your package to build.

--
Jesse Keating