Sierra Wireless on Rawhide

Pete Zaitcev zaitcev at redhat.com
Tue Oct 9 02:23:28 UTC 2007

On Sun, 7 Oct 2007 13:20:26 +0100, Anders Karlsson <anders at trudheim.co.uk> wrote:

> I've been trying to get UMTS working through the Sierra chip in my
> Thinkpad X60s and for some reason, the USB subsystem in F8 TestN and
> Rawhide clocks that I have the Sierra chip, configures it (udev
> creates /dev/ttyUSB[0-2]) and then immediately disconnects the device,
> meaning I no longer see it in lsusb output etc. This was not the case
> in F7.

> Oct  7 12:44:02 iota kernel: sierra 3-1:1.0: Sierra USB modem (3 port) converter detected
> Oct  7 12:44:02 iota kernel: usb 3-1: USB disconnect, address 2

Linux never disconnects anything by itself, but something we do makes
your device to roll over and play dead. Please send me a usbmon trace
(see /usr/share/doc/kernel-doc-2.6.22/Documentation/usb/usbmon.txt).
Also, I'd like to see /proc/bus/usb/devices (please disable sierra
driver by renaming or blacklisting it temporarily so it does not
kill the device before you can capture the devices file). I'll poke
the upstream about it we can put together an error case.

-- Pete