yum-updatesd in F8?

José Matos jamatos at fc.up.pt
Wed Oct 10 14:09:57 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 10 October 2007 14:44:35 Arthur Pemberton wrote:
> >   It works for me.
>
> So you're saying that you can run both yum-updatesd and piruit?

Well I use yum shell but the idea is the same.

When I enter the yum shell, sometimes yum has to retry several times before
giving me the prompt saying that other program is locking yum.lock. This
takes several seconds and is done by yum (not me).

Conversely I forget sometimes the yum shell open and only when closing do I
see the applet claiming that there are new packages. I do not expect pirut to
behave in a different way. :-)

--
José Abílio