Getting my broadcom wireless card to work with rawhide

Paul paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Thu Oct 11 22:26:08 UTC 2007

Hi,

> > Yep. I can see it in the iwlist.
>
> Do you see the SSID for your AP in iwlist, or do you only see the MAC
> address of your AP, and the SSID is "<hidden>"?

My iwlist shows this

wlan0     Scan completed :
          Cell 01 - Address: aa:bb:cc:dd:ee:ff:
                    ESSID:"SKY83948"
                    Mode:Master
                    Channel:1
                    Frequency:2.412 GHz (Channel 1)
                    Quality=76/100  Signal level=-12 dBm  Noise
level=-42 dBm
                    Encryption key:on
                    IE: WPA Version 1
                        Group Cipher : TKIP
                        Pairwise Ciphers (1) : TKIP
                        Authentication Suites (1) : PSK
                    Bit Rates:1 Mb/s; 2 Mb/s; 5.5 Mb/s; 11 Mb/s; 6 Mb/s
                              9 Mb/s; 12 Mb/s; 18 Mb/s; 24 Mb/s; 36 Mb/s
                              48 Mb/s; 54 Mb/s
                    Extra:tsf=0000004ba768a581

NetworkManager sees it, asks for the passphrase but cannot log in.

TTFN

Paul