Proposals: Remove pkg.acl and owners.list

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Thu Oct 11 22:49:28 UTC 2007

I have two proposals:

1) cvs rm pkg.acl files from the cvs repo.  The packagedb has taken the
place of these files.  Editing them doesn't do anything and it's causing
some people confusion that they're still in the repository.  This one
seems pretty simple.  Let me know soon if you can think of a reason not
to do this.

2) Remove owners.list files and place a README telling people to go to
the packagedb for the information.  owners.list{.epel,.olpc} are a
little harder as a plethora of scripts were using owners.list.  The
information is becoming out of date as more packages are added or change
hands, however.  All the scripts I know of have been converted at this
point with the exception of some things on:
   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/PackageMaintainers/UsefulScripts
that were broken before the packagedb took over from owners.list.

If no one objects, I'll announce these changes on fedora-devel-announce
on Monday and make the actual changes later in the week.

-Toshio