The gstreamer third way

Andy Green andy at warmcat.com
Fri Oct 12 23:28:05 UTC 2007

> On Fri, 2007-10-12 at 11:26 +0100, Andy Green wrote:
>
>>  - Additionally, completely externally, some other repo might offer a
>> standalone GPL3 samba libs package that has the same soname that
>> endusers might choose to use to replace Fedora's GPL2 library.  That's
>> up to them and the user's problem that his combined system may not be
>> redistributable if he goes down that path.
>>
>> If I understood it, this does not violate any terms or intention of the
>> terms and is nice and clean.
>
> Why are we, as a Free Software community, spending time looking for new
> and interesting ways to violate Samba's licence, in fact or in spirit?

Yow for the second time of being jumped on can I ask what bit of which
license is violated by Fedora just shipping the GPL2 version as it
always has -- end of Fedora's story?

To be clear I don't have any boxes any more that use CIFS/Samba, I won't
care if Samba is completely pulled, although I see other people do care.

-Andy