gethostby* users

Les Mikesell lesmikesell at gmail.com
Sun Oct 14 18:05:32 UTC 2007

Nicolas Mailhot wrote:
> Le samedi 13 octobre 2007 à 19:46 -0500, Les Mikesell a écrit :
>> David Woodhouse wrote:
>>> Examples?
>> Running MimeDefang is a good example.  MimeDefang runs as a milter
>
> and other MTAs than sandmail support the milter interface (and they also
> have non-milter alternatives to MimeDefang)

As far as I know, none of the other MTA's are completely compatible with
sendmail in the way (or whether) they expose details that the milter
needs to know, like whether a message was accepted with smtp
authentication and/or ssl encryption, so I don't think any will
currently work with MimeDefang, although it might be possible with some
work.   And the non-milter alternatives generally suffer from one or
more of running under the mailer uid, starting a new process for each
scan, making the whole process wait for slow operations, or only having
the results after the smtp conversation is completed.

--
   Les Mikesell
    lesmikesell at gmail.com