Ex-Core package Makefile.common problem in CVS

Ville Skyttä ville.skytta at iki.fi
Mon Oct 15 15:30:14 UTC 2007

On 5/12/07, Ville Skyttä <ville.skytta at iki.fi> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> After checking out "rpms" from cvs.fedora.redhat.com:/cvs/pkgs, ex-Core
> package branch Makefiles have issues finding Makefile.common.  Ex-Extras
> packages don't have that problem - looks like "find-makefile-common" stuff or
> something similar should be applied to ex-Core branch Makefiles too.
>
> For example:
> $ cd shadow-utils/devel
> $ make prep
> Makefile:6: ../common/Makefile.common: No such file or directory
> make: *** No rule to make target `../common/Makefile.common'.  Stop.

After 5 months, nothing has happened to this and the infrastructure
ticket [0] is unanswered as well, so I'm going to go ahead and start
fixing these Makefiles myself for packages whose ACLs allow it (yes,
will preserve possible maintainer additions to affected files).

[0] https://hosted.fedoraproject.org/projects/fedora-infrastructure/ticket/42