Yum upgrade

Marc Wiriadisastra marc at mwiriadi.id.au
Tue Oct 16 02:23:48 UTC 2007

Hey all,

Just thought I would post some feedback. Going from F7 -> to the current
development using yum -y upgrade seems to have gone pretty smooth so
far.  I'll list the issues I've got at the moment.

NetworkManager died on reboot when I clicked to select a wired
connection.

irqbalance is dead no real information in dmesg or /var/log/messages
CPU 0 irqstacks, hard=c0814000 soft=c07f4000
PCI: If a device doesn't work, try "pci=routeirq".  If it helps, post a
report
serial8250: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A
00:08: ttyS0 at I/O 0x3f8 (irq = 4) is a 16550A

preload works which is a package that I made for fedora on my own
machine.

My desktop didn't show icons after I upgraded so I deleted ~/.Xauthority
and ~/.xsession-errors since I couldn't remember which one would reset
my interface.  After doing that it all works.

Good work to the devs by the way on a damn good upgrade process that
isn't supported but works anyway.

My Smolt:
http://smolt.fedoraproject.org/show?UUID=8086cad9-77e1-4087-8100-7552054d5d07
as a reference.