If you are maintinaing of developing a Fedora Package.

Karel Zak kzak at redhat.com
Tue Oct 16 09:39:57 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 16, 2007 at 11:12:48AM +0200, Tomas Mraz wrote:

> On Tue, 2007-10-16 at 10:59 +0200, Lubomir Kundrak wrote:
> > On Mon, 2007-10-15 at 23:31 +0200, Karel Zak wrote:
> > >  Couldn't be better to maintain default selinux labels like others
> > >  file attributes?
> > >
> > >      %attr(4755,root,root) %selinux(foo_t)  /bin/foo

 we have more policies, so probably:

 %selinux(policynameA, context_t), %selinux(policynameB, context_t),

> > I was thinking many times why don't we already do it this way. Much more
> > elegant and maintainable than restorecon in scriptlets.
> And how does that take care of updating file_contexts so the labels are
> not lost on the next filesystem relabel? This only means that the

 I'm talking about labels distribution only. You can locally at your
 system extract these information from .rpm and add/update/delete your
 local label database.

  package.rpm  --> rpm -i  --> add labels to label DB
               --> rpm -U  --> update label DB
               --> rpm -e  --> delete from DB

 The label DB is source for all relabel operations.

 My $0.02..

    Karel

--
 Karel Zak  <kzak at redhat.com>