NFS mounting errors

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.com
Tue Oct 16 15:39:44 UTC 2007

After this mornings rawhide updates and a reboot, my nfs partitions now
won't mount.  I am seeing the below errors when trying to mount them
manually..

[root at scrappy init.d]# service nfslock restart
Stopping NFS statd:                                        [FAILED]
Starting NFS statd:                                        [FAILED]

[root at scrappy init.d]# service rpcbind restart
Stopping rpcbind:                                          [FAILED]

[root at scrappy init.d]# mount /home/nfs/download
mount.nfs: rpc.statd is not running but is required for remote locking
   Either use "-o nolocks" to keep locks local, or start statd.

Any ideas?

--
Mike Chambers
Madisonville, KY