Request for Comments: Proposed changes to Fedora development cycle

Thorsten Leemhuis fedora at leemhuis.info
Wed Oct 17 06:43:24 UTC 2007

On 17.10.2007 08:22, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> Thorsten Leemhuis wrote:
> [...]
>> Of did we document somewhere in between how to switch from rawhide to
>> release before rawhide moves on? If yes please point me to, then I'll
>> blog about it to get the old scheme out of peoples head.
>
> http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/YumUpgradeFaq
> Feel free to add any missing information. It should be easier to switch
> to and away from rawhide though.

That page talks about updating from F<n> -> F<(n+(1|2))>, not how to
disable rawhide before it moves on ;-)

Cu
knurd

P.S.: The YumUpgradeFaq likely should contain some general informations
about the yum shell, as that makes thing like this possible:

$ yum shell
update
remove dbus.i386
run

I needed exactly that some minutes ago when updating a machine to
rawhide, you could not do "$ yum remove dbus.i386; yum update", as
installed packages still depended on dbus.i386 (which doesn#t exist
anymore in rawhide iirc)

I'll see if I can add a few words about the benefits of the shell there
over the next few days...