Small Fonts in Firefox and Thunderbird

John Dennis jdennis at redhat.com
Wed Oct 17 13:48:23 UTC 2007

Warren Togami wrote:
> I upgraded to some package built during Tuesday (should be in
> Wednesday's rawhide) that suddenly changed the menu and dialog fonts in
> both Firefox and Thunderbird.  In Thunderbird the fonts of the title
> bar, menus, mail listings, To, From all became smaller and difficult to
> read.  The font size and appearance within reading e-mail and composer
> hasn't changed.  In Firefox the menus and URL bar became similarly
> small, while web pages haven't changed in appearance.
>
> I'm guessing some font rendering thing changed?
> Was this intentional or a bug?

Yes, I've seen the same thing but wasn't sure how to address it, font
handling is somewhat mysterious because I haven't invested the time to
learn all the issues.

I've also noticed that font size even within a single application seems
to vary inconsistently (e.g. some mail content in thunderbird is tiny,
some is huge, same thing in firefox)

--
John Dennis <jdennis at redhat.com>