Deploying noarch builds to specific arch's

Deepak Bhole dbhole at redhat.com
Thu Oct 18 13:52:37 UTC 2007

* Andrew Haley <aph at redhat.com> [2007-10-18 07:24]:
> Deepak Bhole writes:
>  > * Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> [2007-10-17 10:25]:
>  > > On Wed, 17 Oct 2007 10:07:49 -0400
>  > > Deepak Bhole <dbhole at redhat.com> wrote:
>  > >
>  > > > The problem is that IcedTea is only available on x86/x86_64. Since my
>  > > > package is noarch, koji randomly distributes it between
>  > > > ppc/x86/x86_64, and when it goes to ppc, the build fails.
>  > > >
>  > > > While IcedTea is not a strong requirement for checkstyle, this problem
>  > > > will be encountered by any package that is to be built with IcedTea..
>  > >
>  > > ExclusiveArch: i386 x86_64  in the spec, with loud comments about the
>  > > ExclusiveArch being there to match the arches where IcedTea is
>  > > available, and needs to be updated when IcedTea hits more arches.
>  > >
>  >
>  > But that would create arch specific packages, which would not get
>  > shipped on ppc. Packages built with icedtea can run on ppc with gcj in
>  > interpreted mode.
>
> FYI, here are the mandriva spec and patches for checkstyle.
> http://svn.mandriva.com/cgi-bin/viewvc.cgi/packages/cooker/checkstyle/current/
>
> Thanks to akurtakov for that.

Thanks. I'm encountering a class not found problem when the Native2Ascii
task runs. Looking at the above files, I see that that task is disabled there.
Doing so will disable/break Japanese messages via checkstyle.

I will see if I can workaround the class issue; if I cannot get
something going soon, I will disable the task for the time being in Fedora
as well.

Cheers,
Deepak