Request permission to break always use system libs rule for asc-2.0

Bill Crawford billcrawford1970 at gmail.com
Mon Oct 22 15:21:10 UTC 2007

On 22/10/2007, Hans de Goede <j.w.r.degoede at hhs.nl> wrote:
> asc-2.0 now uses paragui-1.1.8, which is the latest release from 2004 (again
> very dead upstream, website is down, etc.) and again has it heavily patched.
> Unfortunately some idiot ran indent on there copy, so doing a diff results in
> 30000 changed lines. I could go through these manually and port any fixes to
> the official paragui, and patch asc to use the system version. But again asc is
> the only user, so doing this feels really silly (going through a 30000 lines
> diff is no fun). So I would like to declare paragui dead for current devel (F-9
> and later) also, and just use the included copy.

Well, you *could* run indent on the original version of SDLmm, and/or
use the diff flags to ignore whitespace changes etc. "diff -ubB" or
"diff -w" or some combination of the two.

> Are there any objections against this?

Well, I don't actually use it, so it makes no difference to me. But if
you want someone to look at the diffs and update patches to SDLmm, I
could look at that.