boot a live image from an ipod?

Douglas McClendon dmc.fedora at filteredperception.org
Mon Oct 22 23:08:14 UTC 2007

John Poelstra wrote:

> Also curious if it is possible to have multiple live images on a flash
> device and boot different ones?  If so , how would that be done?

Currently the livecd-tools generated initramfs is not smart enough to
deal with distinguishing multiple live images.  A while back I submitted
several livecd filesystem layout changes.  The ones that would have
begun to  facilite distinguishable images haven't been merged yet.  And
there is certainly room for discussion on alternate approaches.

But either way it's just a matter of bash scripting...

(Though actually I just looked again.  What I mentioned above was about
the issues of storing multiple images on a single partition.  It may
actually be much easier to already accomplish this with multiple
partitions.  Still nothing that works out of the box, but perhaps doable
already without changes to the initramfs)

-dmc