Koji Garbage Collection

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 00:41:27 UTC 2007

We are about to roll out garbage collection for Koji. Please review the
document linked below.

   http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Koji/GarbageCollection

As part of garbage collection, builds that are no longer needed will be
deleted. The owner of the build will receive an email notification of
the impending deletion and there is a grace period. To reduce the amount
of email, multiple notifications to the same user will be combined into
one message.

If you receive such a notification, deleting the builds is most likely
the right thing. If you feel differently, please see the document linked
above for instructions.

The initial collection of builds that can be deleted will happen tonight.

Because there is an urgent need to free space on the Koji server, we
will be shortening the grace period during the initial rollout. This
means that you will need to act fast if you need to save a build that
you receive a notification about. The first round of deletions will kick
in late Friday evening.

--
Jesse Keating