"multiarch conflicts in ..." bugs

Richard W.M. Jones rjones at redhat.com
Tue Oct 23 16:56:18 UTC 2007

Bill Nottingham wrote:
> Richard W.M. Jones (rjones at redhat.com) said:
>>> The ocamlrun scripts also look like binary (arch dependent?) stuff
>>> so it is a logical that there is conflict. It certainly requires
>>> something to be done at the rpm level, but I am far from being an expert
>>> on those issues.
>> The files which begin with #!/usr/bin/ocamlrun are bytecode files.  Even
>> though it's called "bytecode" it isn't portable between architectures. It's
>> not like Java bytecode.  So consider these to be like binaries too.
>
> rpm only handles resolving conflicts between 32 and 64-bit ELF files - anything
> else is displayed to the user as a conflict. These bytecode files would
> fall into that category.

Aha. Is there any flag or setting to change this?

Also it still seems to report conflicts with the ELF binaries.  If you
want to take a look at some they are in the links below.  They look like
perfectly ordinary ELF binaries to my untrained eye ...

http://annexia.org/tmp/camlp4oof.opt.i386
http://annexia.org/tmp/camlp4oof.opt.x86-64

$ file */usr/bin/camlp4oof.opt
i386/usr/bin/camlp4oof.opt:   ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386,
version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux
2.6.9, stripped
x86_64/usr/bin/camlp4oof.opt: ELF 64-bit LSB executable, x86-64, version
1 (SYSV), dynamically linked (uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.9,
stripped

Rich.