any plans to make wireless more user-friendly in Fedora 9?

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Tue Oct 23 20:49:50 UTC 2007

Le mardi 23 octobre 2007 à 22:30 +0200, Valent Turkovic a écrit :

> Ok, I trust you have much more expertise with this topic.

I don't have more expertise than being told time after time by the
NetworkManager guys that their stuff depended on a GNOME applet and that
it was not intended to work for systems that ran network-dependant
daemons or did network-dependant stuff outside the GUI session.

So it's not a general networking solution. Therefore it's not a suitable
default for the Fedora DVD version, which is supposed to be
general-purpose.

And that sucks for you and Fedora in general but I didn't dig this
particular hole. I'd be the first delighted person if the NetworkManager
team told us "we want to be the general Fedora networking solution, and
be enabled by default on more than the desktop spin".

--
Nicolas Mailhot