any plans to make wireless more user-friendly in Fedora 9?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Tue Oct 23 21:31:48 UTC 2007

On Tue, Oct 23, 2007 at 16:54:41 -0400,
  Jesse Keating <jkeating at redhat.com> wrote:
> On Tue, 23 Oct 2007 22:49:50 +0200
> Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net> wrote:
>
> > And that sucks for you and Fedora in general but I didn't dig this
> > particular hole. I'd be the first delighted person if the
> > NetworkManager team told us "we want to be the general Fedora
> > networking solution, and be enabled by default on more than the
> > desktop spin".
>

> That's the plan for F9, and why NM got a rewrite in F8.

I was looking for information on NM yesterday and the information I saw
suggested that it was not intended to be a general network configuration
tool. But in fact seemed to be mostly suited for people who want to connect
to wireless networks opportunisticly and who use DHCP to get their wired
IP addresses. There was a statement that for static IP addresses it was
going to get that data from the network config scripts data.

Is there some roadmap documentation somewhere that suggests a more
ambitious plan?