Current problems with Rawhide

Tom Brinkman tbrinkman at sbcglobal.net
Wed Oct 24 17:30:51 UTC 2007

On Wednesday 24 October 2007 10:46:56 am Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Nicolas Mailhot <nicolas.mailhot <at> laposte.net> writes:
> > Rawhide is not targeting F8 any longer but F9, so every
> > unstable change that had to be postponed to stabilize F8 is
> > hitting it right now. The start of a cycle is its lowest
> > stability point.
>
> Actually no, no .fc9 builds have hit Rawhide yet. But you're
> right to warn about this. Rawhide is probably going to switch to
> tracking F9 at some point BEFORE the F8 release (at least that's
> how it was for the previous releases), so if you intend to move
> to the stable version, you have to watch carefully for when to
> stop pulling from Rawhide or you'll end up with a mess of F9
> packages which is essentially impossible to untangle.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

   ??  Yesterday's (23) updates included,
fedora-release-notes-8.0.0-1
fedora-release-8-2       and it was noted in 'rawhide report'  that
this update would disable -development an enable -updates. Which it
did.    $ cat /etc/fedora-release  Fedora release 8 (Werewolf)

   So I disabled fedora.repo an -updates, an reenabled -development.
This mornin (24) I was able to update about 30 packages.  So are
these fc8's going to be in F8 next week, or the beginning of F9  ?
--
    Tom Brinkman                       Corpus Christi, Texas