ISO file size in bytes?

Matt Domsch Matt_Domsch at dell.com
Thu Oct 25 03:56:00 UTC 2007

On Wed, Oct 24, 2007 at 11:44:08PM -0400, Jon Masters wrote:

> Right, but I think what he's saying is that he *didn't* have the ISO
> file to hand - but did have a DVD he could dd from - and he wanted a way
> to find out how big the image should have been without downloading it.

Go to bed Jon, you didn't read far enough. :-)  You would have seen
the appended script do:

BLOCKS=`isoinfo -d -i ${DEVICE} | grep "Volume size" | awk '{print $4}'`
dd if=${DEVICE} of=${FILENAME} bs=2k count=${BLOCKS}

where DEVICE=/dev/cdrom  or whatever device had the media.

--
Matt Domsch
linux.dell.com & www.dell.com/linux