Development to Official

Christopher Aillon caillon at redhat.com
Thu Oct 25 08:50:49 UTC 2007

Mike Chambers wrote:
> On Wed, 2007-10-24 at 13:30 -0400, Jesse Keating wrote:
>
>> We can prevent this by just holding rawhide until the day of the
>> release.  Of course this tends to piss off developers who want their
>> new bits looked at.
>
> Then again, what is a few days of waiting?

What's a few days extra?  A few days of extra testing for F9 on the
features that didn't quite make it into F8, such as intlclock.  Or a few
days of testing some bugfixes, such as NetworkManager fixes, in F9
packages before they make it in to F8-updates.  With all the "few days
here" because of test freezes, we've maybe lost a month or so of testing
in the F8 cycle -- out of 6 months.